Happy World Immunization Week!
#VaccinesWork to bring us closer
With the theme "Vaccines bring us closer", World Immunization Week 2021 (April 24 - April 30, 2021) will show how vaccination connects us to the people, goals and moments that matter to us most, helping improve the health of everyone, everywhere throughout life. Leveraging the power of vaccines will bring us closer to ending the COVID-19 pandemic and move towards a healthier, more prosperous world free from vaccine-preventable diseases.
World Immunization Week 2021 aims to:
- Reframe the global vaccine conversation to focus on the importance of vaccines
- Highlight the many ways in which vaccines enable us to live healthy, productive lives by preventing the spread of vaccine-preventable diseases
- Demonstrate social proof that the broader public already values and trust vaccines
- This year’s campaign looks to build solidarity and trust in vaccination as a public good that saves lives and protects health. To this end, we will be seeking more partners to join us, bringing people together in support of a lifesaving cause.
Here are some ways to be a vaccine champion this week:
- On April 26, WHO will be hosting a press conference at 3 pm (Geneva) to launching the new Immunization Agenda 2030!
- Visit WHO's campaign page for World Immunization Week 2021
- Visit WHO's WIW 2021: Vaccine champions page to read stories of real-life vaccine champions who develop and deliver vaccines
- Reflect and read 2021: the beginning of a new ear of immunization? a new editorial from The Lancet that dives deep on how the pandemic has affected progress and how the lesson we have learned can accelerate future progress to prevent diseases through immunization
- This week is also African Vaccination Week! Make sure to include #AVW2021 on your posts and share the social media toolkit, available in English, French and Portuguese